Hell yeah, it's finally here.
We all feel the fatigue from season 4 and need something new after months of speculation about how COD Warzone would keep the META and map fresh. The stadium opens up following the franchises season 5 update this upcoming Tuesday night. It's an epic meta shift that's about to come as a frustrating chokepoint of the map turns into a new point of interest for many players.
There are a wide variety of ways to push stadium - this includes from above and more than one level to stadium structure.
Is the stadium in Warzone open for gameplay?
Yes, the official COD season 5 trailer added below, first reveals the stadiums roof is blown off with C4 and now confirmed to be open.
What does the inside of stadium look like?
According to the video, there's a soccer field with a few trucks and canvas structures on the playing surface for cover. There are three levels of seating in the stadium parallel from each other and inside the arena.
Cod players are able to access the inside either by parachuting in during the start of the game or from the gulag. Or players are able to enter via the West and North Entrance. There is an East Parking Lot that is open and a number of rooms overlooking the field.
How to enter the Warzone Stadium?
Prior to season 5, players could only run around the stadium, now there will be multiple ground-level entrances.
How to push the stadium (recommended strategies)?
There will be a huge pile of loot spread throughout the venue with multiple contracts. High ground during an end game circle may be advantageous providing you and the team a better way to beam the noobs. On the other hand, if you're the team at the opposite end of the crosshairs at the low ground on the soccer field you'll most definitely get beamed.
We'll see what the best strategy will be throughout the season.
What time will Season 5 start? When can it be downloaded?
Infinity Ward is releasing the latest patch update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone on August 4 at 11 PM PT / August 5 at 2 AM ET. This patch update will bring Season 5 content to the game.
The patch update is version 1.24. The patch is 36GB on PS4, 49.8GB on Xbox One, and 54.2GB (Modern Warfare owners) & 47.4GB (Warzone F2P) on PC.
Season 5 goes live with this new update. Across the entire game, Season 5 will bring a brand new Operator, new Battle Pass, and new Store bundles for players to explore and unlock. More info on the roadmap is here.
FULL PATCH NOTES:
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0″ RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
- Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
CO-OP MODES (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival):
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu
SOURCE: Infinity Ward